Wayfair.com, Boston, MA
Senior SEO Analyst, September 2016 – Present
- Create and execute SEO strategy for two growing departments on Wayfair.com: Home Improvement & Lighting.
- Writes weekly SEO content to improve Google rankings for identified keywords.
- Identify authority gaps within departments and develop compelling ideas for garnering links to important transactional pages.
- Report on performance of strategy to SEO management team and Site Merchandising team.
- Monitor industry trends closely to help Wayfair.com stay ahead of the curve on major Google changes that impact rankings, traffic, or revenue.
- Knowledge of important SEO tools: Moz, DeepCrawl, Search Console, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, Keyword Planner, STAT, Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
SEO Analyst, July 2015 – August 2016
- Managed SEO performance for the following Wayfair.com Departments: Baby & Kids, Outdoor, and Home Improvement.
- Moved 150 keywords into position 1, 280 keywords into position’s 1 to 3, and 430 keywords onto page 1 of Google. Keyword improvements across three departments contributed to 65% increase in organic traffic and 110% increase in revenue.
- Wrote weekly topically relevant copy based on keyword research to improve rankings in Google.
- Owned technical health of website by running and analyzing frequent crawls using software tool DeepCrawl.
- Built link-worthy content, prospected for potential audiences, and pitched content to prospects with targeted outreach to garner external links to transactional pages.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders and external bloggers to produce Home Improvement content for Wayfair.com.
KoMarketing Associates, Boston, MA
Senior SEO Strategist, August 2014 – July 2015
- Managed five client SEO programs totaling $250K in annual agency revenue.
- Drove ongoing link acquisition strategies on behalf of clients and communicated results.
- Completed monthly online marketing reports that used data to show which initiatives drive impactful results.
- Diagnosed clients’ technical SEO issues and delivered solutions for fixing.
- Wrote and published bi-monthly blog posts on company blog covering topics such as SEO strategy, link building, Google algorithm updates, Google Analytics, etc.
- Supported Business Development on prospect research related to SEO and pitched prospects via PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversaw site redesign and provided action items to successfully maintain keyword rankings.
- Delivered internal training sessions that covered the basics of certain platforms and tools (LinkedIn Publishing and Buzzstream).
- Attended manufacturing conference ProMat on behalf of client to interview partners for blog content.
SEER Interactive, Philadelphia, PA, May 2013 – July 2014
SEO Account Manager, February 2014 – July 2014
- Promoted to SEO Account Manager for the ability to execute tactics on behalf of clients and communicate results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Led discussion during weekly client calls for five SEO projects.
- Managed the creation of blog and whitepaper content between Subject Matter Experts and copywriters for B2B client. Efforts helped increase pageviews to client’s blog by 50% in 6 months.
- Delivered presentations to clients and other stakeholders communicating the results of SEO campaigns.
- Pitched digital asset ideas to clients, managed the design with internal team, and ensured execution of promotion to external websites & communities.
- Established data driven content strategy for underdeveloped website by scraping the Internet to create actionable insights.
- Tested conversion rate hypothesis, which helped increase conversions 70% year over year for B2B client.
- Pitched and launched LinkedIn publishing campaign that resulted in high engagement (views, social shares and referral traffic).
SEO Account Support Associate, May 2013 – February 2014
- Supported different Account Managers on five client accounts.
- Researched keywords to rewrite title tags, H1s & meta descriptions to best optimize pages for targeted and long-tail keywords.
- Work helped increase organic traffic to client’s website 100% year over year and grow page one rankings from 36.5% of total keywords to 75%.
- Executed link building strategies by managing prospect lists, creating highly responsive email templates, and pitching blog content, infographics, and digital assets.
- Facilitated mentions in major publications including New York Times and Yahoo! on behalf of client.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Conductor, Moz & OSE, Screaming Frog, Majestic, Ahrefs & Buzzstream platforms.
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY, May 2013
- Bachelor of Science, Major: Management and Business Double Minor: Economics and English
- Additional advanced Psychology courses
- Varsity Men’s Ice Hockey – Served as team Captain for junior and senior seasons
- Toastmasters’ President, Dot Commentators, Boston, MA, December 2015 – Present
- Member, CrossFit Southie, Boston, MA, August 2014 – Present